No matter what the issue, real estate relationships are almost always—or should almost always be—governed by written contracts. Contracts are legally binding documents that dictate your rights and responsibilities in a project or transaction. The terms of a contract are like additional laws that you agree to abide by, and so they are usually enforceable in court.
Real estate contracts often include highly-technical jargon that can be difficult to understand—even for the most experienced real estate developers and owners. Too often, contracts contain unfavorable terms that remain hidden until a dispute brings them into focus. If you sign a contract with unfavorable terms, it may result in unnecessary expenses and legal liability down the road. Therefore, it is always best to have an experienced attorney carefully review any important contract before you sign it—especially real estate contracts where the financial stakes are typically high.
Many real estate projects and transactions in Tacoma are delayed or halted altogether when complications or disputes arise between the parties. With the help of a knowledgeable real estate attorney, these complications can be resolved efficiently so that you can move forward with your project or transaction.
How can an Experienced Real Estate Attorney Help?
An experienced real estate lawyer can do the following and more:
- Review any contracts that are presented to you to determine whether any terms may be lopsided or unfair.
- Negotiate terms in a contract that are more favorable to your position.
- Draft any contracts that you are responsible for presenting, specifically tailoring them to your situation.
- Negotiate financing problems with financial institutions.
- Ensure you are properly protected by your title insurance.
- Help resolve any disputes with sellers, purchasers, landlords, tenants, neighbors, government agencies, and more.
- Determine when another party is in breach of contract and stand up for your rights.
Each real estate matter is different, so we work to evaluate the best possible options in each individual case.
Call a Tacoma Real Estate Lawyer Today to Assist You in Your Land Use Matter
If you are involved in a land-use dispute with a property owner or a government agency, it is in your best interest to retain an attorney as soon as possible. We work with local laws and governments throughout the south sound area, including Pierce County, King County, Thurston County and Kitsap County, in order to resolve our clients’ disputes as favorably as possible. To schedule a consultation with one of our real estate attorneys, call Brink Law Firm today at 253-620-6666 or send us an email through our online contact form.