ATTORNEY TERRY BRINK
- Real Estate Broker (1965-Present)
- Washington State Bar Sections on Environmental and Land Use Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust
- American Bar Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Past President of the Tacoma Pierce County Multiple Listing Service
- Lifetime Director of the Board of Directors of the Master Builder’s Association of Pierce County
- Past General Counsel to the Housing Authority of the City of Tacoma
- Partner, Gordon, Thomas, Honeywell, Malanca, Peterson & Daheim, LLP (1992-2006)
- Member, Eisenhower Carlson, PLLC (2007-2011)
Admitted to Practice in
- All Washington State Courts
- Federal US District Court for the Western District of Washington
Attorney Terry Brink has been an institution in the Tacoma real estate industry for over 50 years, but he hasn’t always been an attorney. Terry began his real estate career as a heavy equipment operator and contractor in the 1960’s. Eventually, Terry traded out his hardhat for a brokerage license and founded his own realty business, Terry Brink, Inc. As a broker, Terry served on the governing board of the Tacoma Board of Realtors and as president of the the Tacoma Pierce County Multiple Listing board. After building his brokerage firm into a thriving small business, Terry decided to shift gears and pursue his dream of being an attorney.
Today, Terry has been practicing land use and real estate law for nearly three decades. He began his career at Gordon Thomas, and eventually moved to Eisenhower Carlson, serving as the Chairman of each firm’s respective Real Estate Practice Group. In 2011, Terry decided to transition into solo practice, and so he founded the Brink Law Firm. Today, the firm consists of Terry and his son Clinton, who recently graduated from the prestigious Vanderbilt University Law School.
Though Terry’s main focus is his legal practice, Terry has maintained his real estate brokerage license, and has gained extensive experience in the real estate rental field. For the last 40 years, Terry has been intimately involved in developing, renting, and managing many of his own apartment buildings and commercial rental properties. This firsthand experience in the developing, marketing, and rental fields has afforded Terry an an extra dimension of practical and legal knowledge that many attorneys lack.
As a result of Terry’s rich and varied experiences in the Tacoma real estate industry, he is a uniquely exceptional resource for complicated and nuanced cases—especially those involving cross-discipline thinking or complicated negotiation. Terry has represented builders, owners, sellers, purchasers, landlords, tenants, developers, realtors, title insurance companies, and their insureds. Terry has represented a wide variety of clients in many types of industrial, commercial and residential real estate transactions, including real property purchases, sales, leasing, financing, and title insurance. He has also provided land use and zoning-related legal services for both developers and private property owners.
- J.D., University of Puget Sound School of Law, 1988
- B.A., magna cum laude, Pacific Lutheran University, 1983
Community and Charitable Activities
- Past President, The Tacoma Rescue Mission
- Member of Tacoma Chamber of Commerce’s Pacific Avenue Redevelopment Task Force
- Past Charter Member of the Tacoma Housing Committee
- Served on Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department On-Site Sewage Disposal Advisory Board