Before becoming an attorney in 1988, he bought, developed and sold real property, served on the Tacoma Pierce County Multiple Listing board as a member and president and was active in the Tacoma Board of Realtors where he served on the governing board. After beginning practice as an attorney, Terry continued to be involved on the board of the Master Builders Association of Pierce County, for which he is a lifetime board member.
For 18 years Terry practiced law at Gordon Thomas Honeywell and for the subsequent five years he practiced with Eisenhower and Carlson. He was chairman of both firms’ Real Estate Practice Groups. Terry also served on the Disciplinary Board for the Washington State Bar Association, and is the immediate past president of The Rescue Mission, based in Tacoma, where he is blessed to be a part of a wonderful organization dedicated to a mission of transforming lives.
Terry is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell’s ratings system. This is the highest peer rating standard that signifies that Terry’s reviewed peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for his legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards. He continues to be a leading professional in his field. As a dedicated advocate, effective communicator and strategic negotiator, Terry is committed to every client and every case, and his abilities are backed by a proven record of success.
Admitted to Practice in
- All Washington Courts
- US District Court for Western District of Washington
- J.D., University of Puget Sound School of Law, 1988
- B.A., magna cum laude, Pacific Lutheran University, 1983
- Real Estate Broker (1965-Present)
- Washington State Bar Sections on Environmental and Land Use Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust
- American Bar Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Past President of the Tacoma Pierce County Multiple Listing Service
- Lifetime Director of the Board of Directors of the Master Builder’s Association of Pierce County
- Past General Counsel to the Housing Authority of the City of Tacoma
Community & Civic Activities
- Immediate Past President, The Rescue Mission
- Member of Tacoma Chamber of Commerce’s Pacific Avenue Redevelopment Task Force
- Past Charter Member of the Tacoma Housing Committee
- Served on Tacoma – Pierce County Health Department On-Site Sewage Disposal Advisory Board
- Partner, Gordon, Thomas, Honeywell, Malanca, Peterson & Daheim, LLP (1992-2006)
- Member, Eisenhower Carlson, PLLC (2007-2011)
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.